February 2, 2006 - EAA's 2006 B-17 tour will be truly special as EAA's Boeing B-17 bomber, Aluminum Overcast, returns to flight after an 18-month repair project following a gear collapse incident in 2004.
The long-anticipated return of Aluminum Overcast to flight begins in with early March test flights, then the 2006 "Keep it Flying" tour gets under way at San Diego's Gillespie Field Airport March 31 - April 2. The spring/summer tour leg includes 28 scheduled stops in eight states, including California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Colorado. A fall tour is also planned, with locations to be announced at a later date.
To make a reservation for a tour flight mission, visit www.b17.org.
EAA's Tom Davis, left, and Vince Hammons install a new propeller onto Aluminum Overcast.
2006 Keep it Flying Tour
• March 31-April 2, San Diego, CA, Gillespie Field Airport (SEE)
• April 7-9, Long Beach, CA, Long Beach Airport-Daugherty Field (LGB)
• April 11-12, Lancaster, CA, General William J. Fox Airfield (WJF)
• April 14-16, Van Nuys, CA, Van Nuys Airport (VNY)
• April 18-19, Santa Barbara, CA, Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
• April 21-23, Riverside, CA, Riverside Municipal Airport (RAL)
• April 25-26, Salinas, CA, Salinas Municipal Airport (SNS)
• April 28-30, Mountain View, CA, Moffett Federal Airfield (NUQ)
• May 2-3, Modesto, CA, Modesto City-County-Harry Sham Field (MOD)
• May 5-7, Hayward, CA, Hayward Executive Airport (HWD)
• May 9-10, Truckee, CA, Truckee-Tahoe Airport (TRK)
• May 12-14, Napa, CA, Napa County Airport (APC)
• May 16-17, Sacramento, CA, Sacramento-Mather Airport (MHR)
• May 19-21, Portland, OR, Portland-Hillsboro Airport (HIO)
• May 25-28, Seattle, WA, Boeing Field/King County International Airport (BFI)
• May 30-31, Yakima, WA, Yakima Air Terminal/McAllister Field (YKM)
• June 2-4, Spokane, WA, Felts Field Airport (SFF)
• June 6-7, Billings, MT, Billings Logan International Airport (BIL)
• June 9-11, Denver, CO, Centennial Airport (APA)
• June 23-25, West Bend, WI, West Bend Municipal Airport (ETB)