The EAA AirVenture Museum, Kodiak Jacks, Action Printing, Mustang Enthusiast Magazine
and Rainbow Screenprinting proudly present
Planes, “Manes” & Automobiles!
Celebrating Two American Icons: The P-51 Mustang & The Ford Mustang
Saturday July 5, 2008
EAA AirVenture Museum, Oshkosh, WI
8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
This exciting annual event combines two classic examples of American engineering. It pairs P-51 Mustang Warbirds from WWII with a wide selection of Ford Mustang cars. (The event is also open to all other Ford-powered vehicles.)
The event takes place on the grounds of the world-famous EAA AirVenture Museum, which displays a collection of over 140 immaculate aircraft, including the world’s oldest surviving P-51 Mustang. Throughout the day rides will be available in a variety of vintage airplanes from the Museum’s acclaimed Pioneer Airport facility.
Outstanding cars will receive trophies and, on a space-available basis, all cars have the chance to 'pony up' to a P-51 for a picture. Event registration is $20, which includes Museum admission for all vehicle occupants. If you would like to come and see the show, spectator admission is included in regular Museum admission.
Pre-register through our secure online registration to reserve your spot!
Additional Show information
- Rain Date is Sunday, July 6th, 2008
- Show vehicle registration, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Judging 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (participant voting)
- Trophy presentation at 2:30 p.m.
- Show vehicles classed upon entry
- Trophies awarded in each class
- Photos of your car with a P-51 Mustang will be available for an additional $5.00/photo. Money for the photos will be collected at the event and the pictures will be e-mailed to you following the event.
- Kodiak Jack’s Steak and Seafood will provide food service at the event.
- Join the cruise after the show to Kodiak Jack’s. Waiting for you will be VIP parking at the restaurant and great door prizes. Address: 2059 Witzel Ave. Oshkosh, WI 54904
- Music and entertainment for the day will be provided by DJ Dan!
- Don’t miss the fly-by of a WWII P-51 (pending)
Jerry Ritzow’s Saleen S7
And… Mark Gerisch’s GTX-1
Trophy classes as follows:
Class A - Mustang 64 – 66
Class B - Mustang 67 – 73
Class C - Mustang 74 – 78
Class D - Mustang 79 – 93
Class E - Mustang 94 – 98
Class F - Mustang Cobra 93 –98
Class G - Mustang Coupe 99 – 04
Class H - Mustang Convertible 99 – 04
Class I - Mustang Cobra 99 – 04
Class J - Mustang Mach1 03 – 04
Class K - Special Interest
(Saleen, Roush, Steeda, McLaren)
Class L - Racing Stangs
Class M - Thunderbird All
Class N -1900-1940 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class O - 1941-64 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class P - 65 - 85 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class Q - 86-05 Ford/Lincoln/Mercury
Class R - Street rods & Customs
Class S - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Stock
Class T - Trucks/Vans/SUV's Modified
Class U - Mustang 05 – 07(Converts will be judged separate)
Class V - Under Construction Mustang
Class W - Saleen Trucks/SUV's or Specialty Trucks
Class X- AC Cobras/Replicas
There will also be specialty awards given at the end of the show.
This event is sponsored by the EAA, Kodiak Jacks, Action Printers and Rainbow Screen Printing