1937 Aeronca LC - NC17484
The Aeronca LC was a departure from previous Aeronca designs, with a low wing cabin monoplane configuration. With its distinctive wheel pants, the LC reflects the streamlining movement that influenced 1930s aircraft design. Each piece of sheet metal on the LC was individually handmade. Unless special ordered, LCs were originally painted at the factory in Loening yellow with black trim. The owner repainted the Museum's LC in red because he preferred the color. The fuselage is made of chrome-molybdenum tubing covered with fabric. Dual controls are fitted in the side-by-side configuration. Fuel consumption was about 5.6 gallons per hour at cruising speed. Sixty-five Aeronca Low Wings were built during their production run from 1936 to1937. Only seven are thought to survive today.
Donated By: Ted Meredith, from the estate of David Powell, Des Moines, IA.
aeronca_lc Aerocna LC Aircraft Information